Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Do You Know Where Your Administrative Professional Is?


I thought I'd dress up for this most auspicious of days.

The last time I was an administrative professional before today was way back in 2006. At the time I was working for a boss who regularly strolled around the office telling people he felt poopy in between taking swigs of this weight loss / detoxification elixir that he bought over the internet for some ungodly amount. If memory serves, I'm pretty sure all I got for Administrative Professional's Day back then was a heap-load of sass, and while I enjoy sass, a Starbuck's gift card would've been nice too.

That's why I'm super excited about today. Even though this "holiday" is a complete joke, I'm more than happy to reap the benefits. So far I've come away with a - no joke - wad of cash, and a Starbuck's gift card from an entire department that pooled its money. This more than makes up for yesterday's shitfest of a day and further reminds me why it's always a good idea for me to keep my attitude in check while at work since you can, apparently, catch more Pike Place Roast with honey than with vinegar.

No comments: