Friday, April 18, 2008

Hot Chip Will Make You Gay


This photo's blurriness matches my impaired judgment last night

Quick post today because I am dying right now. Remind me never to go to a Hot Chip concert, followed by a Hot Chip DJ set, and then attempt to show up to work the next day at 8am. hhmmph... sadness mixed with pain...

Last night was phenomenal though. Hot Chip rocked me severely, but I was a little befuddled by the crowd they attracted: Aging Lincoln Parkers, a smattering of club kids / ravers, homophobic frat guys. No joke about that last guy either since Leah and I had to school some douche who announced that he thought the music was making him gay and not in a funny, ironic way.

The show also had this Circle of Life backdrop which I could only attribute to Hot Chip's profound love for the Broadway musical The Lion King. I have pictures of it on my camera - which I'll upload later - but let me just put it this way, every time there was a lighting change it looked like sunrise over the Serengeti. That's cool though since I've always wanted to get my dance on in Africa.

3 comments:

BG5000 said...

Whit and i thought the same thing. The crowd was really weird. Where did some of these people hear about Hot Chip?

lkbom said...

Does that guy have hands for feet?

Baptizedingin said...

It's Rafiki. Of course he has hands for feet.