Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I Been On The Grind Since My Butt Sex Party



So I got my grubby little mitts on Madonna's new album and while I'm not blown away, I'm not entirely disappointed either. Clearly her best tracks are those done with Pharrell, but what I'm most excited about is a song called Dance 2nite - pardon the #2 - since it features a sample of Teena Marie's I Need Your Lovin'!!!

Say what you will about Teena Marie, but it's pretty GD à propos of Madonna to sample Marie on this her, R&B album. Teena Marie is one of the first and only artists to ever successfully crossover to from the Pop to R&B markets... strike that... other artists have done it sales-wise, but Marie is the only one to be embraced whole-heartedly by both markets and not be laughed at:

Funky Groove II sélectionnée dans Musique


So, in honor of taking what's old and making it new again, I've finally gotten around to compiling a muxtape showcasing some of the best and brightest remixes out there today. Some tracks take songs that I hated in their original form and make them transcendent, while others do the seemingly impossible task of improving on what was already near-perfection. Case in point: Lil' Mama's Shawty Get Loose has been my jam as of late, but when I heard the remixes that mash it up with MSTRKRFT and Fedde Le Grande... I just about shat myself. I should also mention that I love this song for an incredibly base reason: Every time I hear Lil' Mama sing the lyric I been on the grind since my butt touch potty - an ALREADY gut-busting line - I hear, I been on the grind since my butt sex party.

I went around for a week and a half singing the latter lyric in my head before I finally looked it up... but we already knew my mind was in the gutter nine times out of ten.

No comments: