Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Like Shitting a Knife


I got somethin'a say.

Last night Leah and I went to see a preview of Tina Fey's new movie Baby Mama at the AMC River East. The movie started at 7 which left me virtually no time to go home after work and it was really disgusting weather out yesterday, so I didn't feel much like taking in a movie. But after some dinner at Pompeii on Ohio - did you know they'll soon be offering a full wine and beer menu, making them even more lunch-date-worthy than before - I felt rejuvenated enough to laugh at a pregnant woman for 90 minutes.

The audience was really atrocious when we got there, but I suppose free movie + AMC River East = trash-fest 2008. It was like being at the Taste of Chicago, only indoors and with fewer varieties of food. There was this horrendous Eurotrash crew sitting in front of us who thought it was appropriate to bring their dinner from god-knows-where into the movie theatre. I now cite watching the chick in front of me pick up her burrito/sandwich thing with her dragonlady nails as one of my most harrowing experiences of the last week.

The movie was total shit enjoyable, but not as amazing as I wanted it to be. It's definitely Tina's answer to The 40 Year-Old Virgin except this is The 37 Year-Old Childless Woman With An Amazing Career. Fret not, though, since Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are still absolutely hilarious when they're paired in scenes which, thankfully, takes up about 3/5ths of the movie. In the end I'm glad that we went since I learned two really important lessons: Tina Fey has amazing gams and having a baby feels like you're shitting a knife.

No comments: