Monday, February 4, 2008

Prom Night; Everything Is Alright



When your love life is in shambles, there's really nothing better to do than recall a time when you didn't have a love life at all: Enter Prom Night. I'm reminded of this seminal horror flick because I just saw the trailer for the remake, which I'll spare you the burden of having to watch here, but it got me to thinking how insanely fantastic the original movie is. I mean, when is the last time you saw a horror movie with a fully choreographed dance sequence in it?



I didn't go to my prom, or any high school dance for that matter, but if I had this is what I would've wanted it to be like, minus all the decapitation and whatnot. Or maybe with the decapitation... I did always oddly identify with Andrea Zuckerman in that episode of Beverly Hills 90210 where she fantasizes about murdering all of her classmates at the Spring Fling. Brandon was such a douche for taking Kelly anyway.

3 comments:

lkbom said...

"I mean, when is the last time you saw a horror movie with a fully choreographed dance sequence in it?"

Uh, please to reference the post before last??

John said...

Thriller is tewtally a long-form video and not a movie. Done and done.

Lindsay William-Ross said...

Dude that episode of 90210 is on the Soap Network RIGHT NOW.

I so feel more like Andrea in this one than that tool Kelly (before psych major do-gooder semi-mellowing), stupid Scarlett o'hara knockoff dress Donna, and the deflowered Brenda.